With QTL Leadership Coaching, individual principals or small groups of administrators work with a QTL™ consultant to expand their knowledge and understanding of the processes involved in creating and continuing a successful professional learning community.
In an individual leadership coaching situation, the QTL consultant works with the principal to determine how best to implement QTL™ Model strategies in their school. Specific needs of the school, such as the challenges faced in adaptation to the model, are the focus of the sessions.
What's It All About?
QTL Leadership Coaching will support the principal in developing a clear “vision” for what needs to be done and options to support the change effort.
- The principal has the opportunity to address the areas that are challenging to him/her as they take on the change effort.
- Principals develop awareness, skill, and deeper capacity to lead the change process.
- Principal is more likely to take the lead and less likely to delegate the responsibility to others, thus improving the overall support of the faculty to significantly engage the process.
- Principal develops a clear plan that demonstrates leadership and support for others.
- Effective principal leadership in stimulating and encouraging faculty buy in to the QTL program.
- Principals are aware of and understand the principles of QTL, how to support teachers who participate in the program, and their role and responsibility to develop a supportive environment for the program in their school.
- Principals recognize, support and encourage successful, effective teaching and learning strategies.
Read about the next steps: QTL Fish Bowl Coaching.