Goals of QTL
One Process, Multiple Outcomes
The QTL Process is designed to help schools achieve numerous goals. As various elements of the process are layered to create a comprehensive professional development plan, momentum builds and several things begin to happen in a school:
- Teachers attend sessions in a model classroom, where they activitely participate, observe and learn from modeled strategies, and return to the classroom to put those strategies to work.
- Technology that's already available for use is used much more frequently (and more importantly, effectively and with a better-developed purpose in mind).
- Students become more active in the classroom and more engaged in their own learning.
- Collaborative projects begin to foster a greater sense of community as teachers share ideas and knowledge.
- In-depth collaborative efforts take staff to the next level in planning and executing quality lessons.
- Student achievement rises due to the dedicated efforts of teachers and the ever-improving atmosphere throughout the school.